Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Old Thanksgiving Menu



My boyfriend and I practically eat the same thing every Thanksgiving. This year was no exception. When I was putting my post-Thanksgiving update together, I started to look for old Thanksgiving pictures and instead I found the following note on my Facebook account.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 7:37pm
Tony had to work this year, which left me in charge of thanksgiving dinner. I did not plan [a menu] sooner because I had finals, but I got my act together today and prepared the following:

Tofurky with an onion, dry cherry, & every other sauce in the pantry glaze, plus orange & lemon
Mashed Potatoes w/mushroom gravy
roasted brussels sprouts (these are so bomb!)
Green beans w/shallots
wheat rolls
those potato dumplings that come in the Tofurky feast (don't care too much for them)
a rustic apple tart with apricot glaze
& Prosecco *party time*

If I had to be thankful for something, it would definitely be my tasted buds 'cos they know what’s up. I am also excited to make vegan pot pies with the leftovers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Then, in my search for the photos, I found my Thanksgiving meal from last year, and it was very similar to the menu above. (I got a bit carried away with the number of pphotos and angles, but I had a new phone).  


Tofurky roast w/caramelized onions & cranberries (also potatoes and carrots)

Rolls! Looks like we had white ones this year

the infamous Brussels sprouts & sauteed green beans

from a different angle


Oh yeah, it was delicious!
My boyfriend an I only eat Tofurky once a year, twice if we go to a potluck, so I guess it's our special meal. Even though I would like to experiment, I will have to appease him because it's practically a tradition to prepare this menu.






No comments:

Post a Comment