Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

a cornucopia of delights

Last month, I  subscribed to a weekly organic produce delivery through Abundant Harvest Organics (http://www.abundantharvestorganics.com/index.html). I picked up my first delivery this morning and I am super pleased. Below are pictures with the produce found in the small box.

Fresh greens: arugula, Swiss chard, and cilantro
Produce: oranges, Bartlett pears, broccoli, red onions, poblano chilies, potatoes, and black Spanish radishes
Finally, lettuce and a butternut squash (not pictured)
I always feel I don't shop for grocery's properly or I feel I get cheap on myself and not buy enough greens because they're going to spoil or whatever excuse I come up with. However, knowing the contents of my produce for the week will hopefully help me arrange more meals with seasonal produce. At the moment, I am super excited to start cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment