Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Veganomicon: Hot Glazed Tempeh

My office had a BBQ Christmas potluck theme.  Rather than complain, I joined in the festivities and made the hot glazed tempeh recipe from Veganomicon. The recipe was good, mine didn't turn out too spicy, it actually had a heavier wine flavor.

This recipe required a few ingredients and assembly. 
Few ingredients: wine, hot sauce, tamari, crushed garlic, cumen, and tempeh
Make sure to taste your hot sauce beforehand. This particular brand had a strong vinegar flavor and faint level of heat, but you want to make sure it's not too spicy or salty or too much of anything you don't want to eat.  I added some Sriracha for a bit heat.

What an awesome label!  
 The tempeh was cut and boiled.
cut tempeh diagonally 

boil it for 10 minutes
The wine gave this marinade a lovely burgundy color. I added steak rub, so the specks are herbs and whatnot.
marinade goodness

marinated tempeh
 I marinated the tempeh overnight and it was super dark by the morning, but the marinade did not penetrate all the way through. I pan fried it on a cast iron skillet for about ten minutes on each side and re-heated it in the microwave at work. Below is a picture of the finished product.


Made a perfect salad
 After a tasty meal, we had our White Elephant Party and this I what I won.
Fun, yet silly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment