Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Chow Mein

I made  the  "Chinese Takeout Chow Mein" recipe from Chloe's Kitchen and I am sad to inform that it was just okay. I just doesn't have enough takeout essence. I suppose that requires more oil, alas the whole point of making chow mein at home is to eat a healthier version. My boyfriend summed it up best when he said this was a typical Monday meal.

Looks tastier than it was

Sauce: Mix it in a bowl
1/4 Hoison Sauce
1/4 cup vegestable broth
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
Sesame oil (not in the recipe, I added some because it's good)

I wish I could uncover the secret to a delicious chow mein. Is it the oil, the oyster sauce, fish sauce or other sauce I'm not aware about that makes it so addicting and delicious? Who knows, but it's  a good idea to have hot sauce on hand. 

Thank goodness for sriracha







No comments:

Post a Comment