Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chana Masala with Vegetable Biryani from Chloe's Kitchen

I prepared both of these recipes for dinner and took the leftover for lunch. Both recipes were satisfactory. I love my Indian food at least medium spicy and these were neither spicy nor flavorful in an authentic way. However, the fact that they’re not authentic makes them accessible (in terms of searching for ingredients/preparation).  


Both recipes can be prepared under an hour, but I took longer because I decided to cook my beans from scratch and to use brown basmati rice. You can't see the raisins in the rice, but they were really fun to eat since they plump during cooking (it was like eating tiny grapes!!!). In the future, I would like to add toasted cashews to the rice for a texture contrast. I will also double the cups of beans I cook and make some fresh hummus. And of course, I will play around with the spices.

Being a rice & beans meal, both of these dishes were easy to pack and heat the next day.




No comments:

Post a Comment