Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: Spelt Pasta

I'm a bit paranoid I might develop a gluten allergy, so I always mix up my grains. Last night, I prepared a quick dinner using spelt pasta. This was my first time cooking with spelt, so I kept the recipe simple.

First I cooked the pasta according to the direction
It only takes five to seven minutes to cook!

In a pan, I heated some olive oil and infused it with fresh garlic cloves. I then tossed in the cooked pasta, added dry parsley flakes and a dash salt.


Spelt pasta is delicious. I had mine with a side of kale salad.
I found the taste of the spelt better than whole wheat pasta. The noodle held its shape and it obsorbed the garlicky oil flavor well. I will definitely be using spelt again. I'm curious to see how well it would hold a pesto sauce and I wonder if it taste better than quinoa pasta.



No comments:

Post a Comment