Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Treasure Island Weekend


Ok, so I am still recovering from a long weekend in San Francisco. I was in the city for the Treasure Island music festival and below are some of the foods I got to try. 

Pre-festival lunch @ Papalote in the Mission District

This place is worth the hype! Check out their vegan friendly menu:
http://www.papalote-sf.com/
There salsa was creamy and might not seem vegan, but it is.

A generous portion

I had the veggie burrito (potato, carrot, and mushroom)

This salsa/salad was refreshing. It had jicama, cucumber, cilantro, lime, and chili powder.

This is from my boyfriends burrito, he had the mole burrito with tofu, it was so good! 







@ Treasure Island

Most of the food trucks at the festival had vegan options, which was awesome. 

Vegan Doughnuts! Blueberry & Vanilla, they were alright. 

Knish (I actually had these in L.A. earlier this year) they're like a Jewish samosa

Unfortunately, those are all the pictures of food I have from the festival because I was partying. There was paella, this super awesome blueberry black tea, and another dish (I forgot the name). Anyway, here are some pictures of some of the activities I engaged in. 

There was a "Silent Disco" where people listened to the music on headphones. I made sure to tag Vegan MoFo with the chalk being handed out.

This installment was huge and looked better at night. 
These shiny eggs were cool.
 
There were makeout tents. The "art tent" had various workshops, they varied from craft making to beer making. 

People actually huddled around this fire.
Treasure Island is a great music festival with lots of vegan friendly food and I recommend checking it out. 


@ Herbivore

I was bummed this pictured looked hazy, but not I feel it has a "you're not dreaming brunch" look. 
Potatoes, tofu scramble, and french toast w/fried banana, maple syrup, and butter.
 The potatoes and tofu has a flavor, but I couldn't figure out what it was. 

Tacos. My boyfriend always tries tacos.

Veggie sandwich w/roasted potatoes. 


I really like Herbivore. I didn't take a picture of the orange-ginger mimosa or cupcake I overindulged in. 

San Francisco is vegan friendly. The food wasn't as cutting edge as it is in L.A., but it was still delicious. I'm so moving there!


1 comment:

  1. Herbivore is awesome! But if you ever come back to SF, you simply must check out Source - http://source-sf.com/. I've lived in the SF Bay Area for 20 years and it's my favorite veg restaurant ever. Everything can be made vegan!

    ReplyDelete